Terms and Conditions
- “Hattie Lloyd” means Hattie Lloyd Limited, company number 08388679, registered in England and Wales also referred to as “we” or “us” in these terms and conditions.
- “Force Majeure” means any clause affecting the performance by Hattie Lloyd Ltd of its obligations arising from acts, events, omissions, happenings or non-happenings beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) governmental regulations, fire, flood or any disaster or industrial dispute affecting a third party.
- “Working days” means Monday to Friday, excluding Bank or other Public holidays.
- All contracts of sale made by Hattie Lloyd Ltd shall be deemed to incorporate these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any other terms from the party (“the Customer”) with whom Hattie Lloyd is dealing. Cancellation of orders by business to business customers is not accepted as many orders are despatched on the same day the order is placed. Cancellation of orders by consumers can only be accepted in accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and to availability of the goods ordered. Hattie Lloyd Ltd is entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
- You undertake that:
- all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing goods or services offered on our web site are correct and
- the credit or debit card you use to make a purchase from us is your own or your company’s card, that you are authorised to use it, and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any goods or services you order from us. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details before providing you with any goods or services.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering information.
- Hattie Lloyd Ltd reserves the right to change prices without prior notice.
4. Delivery, Title and Risk
- Any time or date stated for delivery is an estimate only. Hattie Lloyd Ltd makes every effort to despatch goods on time, but does not accept liability for failure to deliver within the stated time.
- If Hattie Lloyd Ltd is unable to deliver the goods within 30 days of the date of order, the Customer will, as its sole remedy, be entitled to cancel the order and require any monies paid to Hattie Lloyd in respect of that order to be refunded. In order to cancel, the Customer must send written notice of cancellation to Hattie Lloyd after the above date, but before delivery of the goods or notification from Hattie Lloyd that the goods are ready for delivery.
- Hattie Lloyd Ltd does not accept liability for shortages or damage to deliveries unless the Customer notifies Hattie Lloyd of the shortage or damage in writing within 7 days of receipt of the delivery.
- The customer has to accept the goods when they are ready for delivery.
- Delivery is deemed to take place when the goods are delivered to the Customer’s nominated address, whereupon the risk of loss, breakage and all damage and all other risks shall pass to the Customer.
- Title in the goods does not pass to the Customer until payment is received in full by Hattie Lloyd Ltd.
- If the customer cannot accept delivery, Hattie Lloyd may at its option: (1) store and insure the goods at the Customer’s expense and risk or (2) sell the goods at the best price reasonably obtainable and (after deducting reasonable storage insurance and selling costs) pay to the Customer any excess over the sale price or charge the Customer for any shortfall or (3) re-arrange delivery provided that Hattie Lloyd Ltd may charge the Customer for the additional delivery costs incurred.
- Payment can be made by any major credit or debit card. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account before the despatch of your Good or provision of service to you.
- You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours.
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer and we may share your personal information with such parties as are necessary to enable us to do such checks. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
6. Product Specifications
- Hattie Lloyd Ltd makes every effort to supply the goods as advertised but reserves the right to supply the goods subject to minor variations in actual dimensions, specifications and, in the case of bulk items, quantities without prior notice.
- If Hattie Lloyd Ltd cannot supply the goods ordered by the Customer, Hattie Lloyd Ltd reserves the right to offer goods of equal or superior quality at no extra cost. In such a case, if the Customer does not wish to accept the alternative goods offered, he or she may cancel the order and require the refund of any money paid to Hattie Lloyd in respect of that order. This shall be the sole remedy of the Customer in these circumstances.
7. Trade names and Trade Marks
- Trade names and marks (other than ‘Hattie Lloyd’) are not always indications of the actual manufacturer of a particular product.
8. Warranties and Returns
- Hattie Lloyd Ltd is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and service. However, on rare occasions, products may be found to be faulty or defective. In such cases, we offer the returns facilities described below.
- All goods supplied by Hattie Lloyd are warranted to be generally free from defects in workmanship and materials and fit for the purpose for which such goods would normally be used. If you purchase goods in the course of your business, all other express or implied terms or warranties relating to the goods are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Subject to this, however, goods are not tested or sold as being fit for any particular or for use under specific conditions, unless expressly agreed in writing. All services provided by Hattie Lloyd will be provided with reasonable skill and care and within a reasonable period. If you purchase services in the course of your business, all other express or implied terms or warranties relating to the services are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Subject to the right of consumers to return goods for refund under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, Hattie Lloyd does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering.
- In the event that Hattie Lloyd, at its discretion (unless the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations apply), agrees to accept the return for credit of unwanted products, the goods must be returned within the guidelines of the Returns Policy.
9. Online Gift Vouchers
- Online gift vouchers are valid for 24 months from purchase date.
- Online gift vouchers can be redeemed online only at www.hattielloyd.com.
- Whole or part of the value can be redeemed. Any unspent credit will remain in the account for future online purchases.
- Online gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for monetary value.
- In case of product refund, the value of the voucher will be refunded against your account.
10. Hattie Lloyd Liability
- Hattie Lloyd shall under no circumstances be liable for any consequential or indirect damage or loss, however caused, (including (but not restricted to) loss of business or profits, loss of goodwill, damage to trading relationships, loss of data and other financial loss. (“Financial loss” in this sense does not refer to the price you have paid for the goods, which we may be liable to refund to you, in whole or in part, if the goods are faulty or do not comply with their description). Hattie Lloyd’s liability in respect of all other losses shall be limited to the invoiced amount of the relevant order, provided it has been paid.
- Nothing in this agreement shall limit Hattie Lloyd’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
11. Health and Safety
- In accordance with the Health and Safety at Work, etc Act 1974 and the Consumer Protection Act 1987, Hattie Lloyd confirms that the goods it supplies as a distributor do not present a hazard to health and safety
- when properly used for the purpose for which they are designed; and
- if the Customer takes reasonable and normal precautions in their use.
12. Force Majeure
- Where, in spite of its reasonable efforts, Hattie Lloyd is unable to perform an obligation due to force majeure, it shall not be deemed to be in breach of its contract with the Customer.
13. The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
- Contracts for the purchase of goods by a Customer not acting in the course of a business and made over the telephone or through the Hattie Lloyd website, or by mail order, are, with the exception of certain excepted contracts, subject to The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (“the Regulations”).
- If the Regulations apply, Customers may cancel goods purchased from Hattie Lloyd by sending a written notice of cancellation by post or hand delivery addressed to Customer Services at Hattie Lloyd, Blake House,18 Blake Street,York,YO1 8QG, or by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The notice of cancellation must be sent within 7 working days of the date of delivery after the goods are received.
- The Customer will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods if he or she exercises this right of cancellation under the Regulations. If the Customer does not actually return the goods to Hattie Lloyd, the Customer is under a duty to make the goods available for collection at the Customer’s expense from the address to which they were delivered.
- The Customer is under a duty to retain possession of the goods whilst awaiting return to Hattie Lloyd and to take reasonable care of them during this period. The Customer will be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods if he or she fails to comply with this obligation.
14. Errors and Omissions
- Hattie Lloyd makes every effort to ensure that all prices and descriptions quoted on its website are correct and accurate. However, the frenetic tempo of e-commerce makes it inevitable that mistakes will occasionally occur. In the case of a manifest error or omission, Hattie Lloyd will be entitled to rescind the contract, notwithstanding that it has already accepted the Customer’s order and/or received payment from the Customer. Hattie Lloyd liability in that event will be limited to the return of any money the Customer has paid in respect of the order. In the case of a manifest error in relation to price, the Customer will be entitled to purchase the goods by paying the difference between the quoted price and the correct price, as confirmed in writing by Hattie Lloyd after the manifest error has been discovered.
- A ‘manifest error’, as the term is used in sub-paragraph a) above, means, in relation to an incorrect price, a price quoted in error by Hattie Lloyd which is more than 10% less than the price that would have been quoted had the mistake not been made.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
- If any provision in this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deemed severed from the Agreement and this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Any waiver of a breach of this Agreement must be in writing.
- Any variation of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by a duly authorised Hattie Lloyd official.
- The headings are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
- Any notices given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent:
- by first class pre-paid post to the last known address of the party; or
- by fax to their last known fax number; or
- by e-mail to the last notified e-mail address of the party.
- The notice shall be deemed served:
- two working days after posting; or
- upon receipt of a successful fax transmission report; or
- after system confirmation of e-mail delivery.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Hattie Lloyd may at its discretion record telephone transactions for staff training and quality control purposes.
- Hattie Lloyd reserves the right to change or amend these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.